Tabbouleh is an Arab Middle Eastern vegetarian dish traditionally made of tomatoes, finely chopped parsley, mint, bulgur and onion, and seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt.
Parsley is the easiest herb to grow. Once established, and as long as you let it flower and go to seed in the garden, you will never need to plant it again if you live in a Mediterranean type climate. I only need to water after a very hot spell.
It never gets bugs and you have a constant source of that wonderful salad called Tabouli.
Home made Tabouli recipe.
- at least 2 cups of fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves fresh (if desired)
- 1/2 cup fine burgul soaked in water for a good 20 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- pepper freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (can omitt)
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- green shallots
- Juice of 1 sour lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes.
An award-winning lifestyle blog.